PHP is a server-side HTML embedded scripting language that provides web developers with a full suite of tools for building dynamic websites, and it is now installed on almost 250 million websites and 2.1 million web servers.
When hosting a PHP site, PHP Shared Hosting is obviously the best choice for PHP developers and PHP beginners considering its low cost. And in below, we will share how to find the best shared hosting for a PHP site.
The Core Features of PHP Shared Hosting
In shared hosting environment, all the packages are installed at system level, and it’s hard for an individual user to add some for their own needs. So, it’s critical to ensure all the critical PHP component are installed by default, and below are some of core features of PHP hosting solutions:
- Apache is recommended to host PHP site
- The most common-used PHP versions, right now its PHP 5.2.x and PHP 5.3.x. Many web hosts install dual versions of PHP in their servers so that its customers could choose which one they prefer.
- High PHP memory_limit, with which users can handle massive contents like images, videos, and plugins, etc. Ideally, users are allowed to configure this parameter by themselves.
- PHP runs as suPHP to increase the site’s security
- PHP caching is enabled, which will accurate the speed of PHP scripts
What is the Best PHP Shared Hosting?
There are hundreds of web hosts who offer high quality PHP hosting, but what’s the best hosting we would like to recommend, it’s Bluehost.
Bluehost (www.bluehost.com) has been offering PHP shared hosting since 1996. Their teams know what PHP webmasters need from a shared hosting very well. Its hosting solution come with dual version of PHP 5.2x and 5.3x, high PHP memory_limit at 256MB, and suPHP runs for security increasing. Besides Bluehost also configure its servers to utilize PHP Caching.
Most of PHP developers build PHP sites based on the CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or framework like Zend, they will feel lucky when choosing Bluehost as the solution from it has been recommended those communities for long.
Normally, the price of Bluehost shared hosting is $6.95/mo. And now users can subscribe to it at only $3.95/mo in the latest Bluehost promotion. More than that, they can feel free to choose Bluehost because it guaranteed Anytime Money Back.