viewed as one of the greatest CMS with open source , Drupal allows a community or an individual to publish, organize and manage different content just on a site with an easy manner. Tens of thousands of organizations and people are utilize Drupal to power scores of various sites, including
- Community web sites
- Discussion sites
- Social Networking sites
- Intranet applications
- Corporate web sites
- E-commerce applications
- Aficionado sites
- Resource directories
- Personal web sites or blogs
As Drupal consumes relatively more resource than the other CMS, it’s not easy to find a good web hosting for Drupal in the industry. And in below Drupal hosting Guide, we will guide you how to look for an ideal one.
Choose a Name for Your Drupal Website
Firstly, you need to choose a domain for your target Drupal site. And think of something, which will be meaningful to your own business as well as will be easily remembered. For more about what’s domain, and how to find a best name for your Drupal site, please refer to Select the Best Domain Name
Drupal Hosting Needs
Just like looking for a hosting solution fit for all of the other type of site. And you need to think about your requirements on disk storage, email boxes and monthly transfer, etc. And as following, we will discuss some important features of a Drupal websiteare needed.
- Linux with support for PostgreSQL, MySQL and php. Drupal is a friendly application that is developed via php, and also run on PostgreSQL or MySQL. So, a support for php along with PostgreSQL or MySQL database is the basics for Drupal Hosting. And we want to recommend a Linux hosting solution considering it is the perfect platform to operate MySQL and php.
- Easy to use Control Panel that will allow you to do some routine maintenance tasks or maintain Database for your Drupal application
- An use-friendly tool to create database PostgreSQL or MySQL and permit the access.
- phpPgAdmin or phpMyAdmin to manipulate the data, restore tasks to the data or do the backup.
- An editor modifies the Cron job of the system. Since there are many tasks need to run normally. A permission changing the Cron file will be very useful for the Drupal site owners
- Privilege is to change the access permission of the directory and file.
- Super quick link speed to the database. A lot of web hosting companies haven’t optimized the link speed between database server and web server, which make Drupal run so slowly. And this feature you will only know after depoying Drupal in their environment.
- Reliable web hosting service provider with courteous and professional customer support. As an CMS web site, nothing can be more important than a stable environment.
- Host multiple domain in one hosting account. One of the most attractive features of Drupal hosting is that you can install mutil-site in one Drupal instance, if your hosting doesn’t support this feature, it’s really very regretful for a Drupal developer. But this is not very necessary for a Drupal business site, since there is no business company want to host more than 1 site in their hosting account.
Best Drupal Hosting
Drupal has become more and more popular right now, a lot of webmasters choose it for their content management site. But finding an appropriate web hosting solution for Drupal is something hard since there are many hosting needs for Drupal you cannot find from the feature description of the web hosting solutions from the vendors, such as the reliability, connection speed between web server and database, etc. In order to help all webmaster finding the most appropriate solution, BestHosting365.com coworks with the top Linux web hosting service providers to test their performance and usability against Drupal and list out the top 3 web hosting solution in Best Drupal Hosting.